Human relationships are complex, layered things. Every sign responds to love differently and has needs that are particular to it. Also no individual can be categorized by their Sun sign alone. Every person is a mixed bag of astrological traits, but an emphasis on Libra in your chart (or its ruling planet, Venus) will result in distinctly Libran experience. In particular, if you have the Sun or Moon in Libra OR if you have Venus or Juno in Libra, this article is just for you. (Not sure where Venus and Juno are in your chart? Use the easy, clear instructions on this page to find out your Venus and Juno signs: How To Use Astro.com To Cast Your Free Astrology Chart.)
Are you a Libra in love?
Have you noticed that sometimes you can fall in love with love itself? The sensation of love and the romance that goes with it is intoxicating to a Libra. And when that sensation takes you over, it’s easy to give too much or to yield too much. Here we find Libra’s core dilemma—is it better to love or to be loved? It gets tiresome being the nice guy and you may prefer to have the power of the relationship in your own hands and to be able to pull a partner in at will. For this reason, ultimately you prefer to charm and seduce rather than pursue. Why chase someone who isn’t really interested—and who can’t be wrapped around your finger? That just throws you—and the relationship—off balance.
How to manage your relationships as a Libra. . .
Fairness is one of the most important factors in a relationship for Librans, but striking the balance between giving too much (which is Libra’s natural tendency) and taking too much (to compensate for over-giving) is hard—especially for the Scales. Your desire to be rational is very right-minded, but how do you know what’s really fair in every situation? Your mind doesn’t have the whole answer. It can come up with endless, perfectly logical lists of reasons why to do A or B, but without arriving at a clear conclusion. For that, you need your gut. Get good at consulting your emotions, Libra, and decisions—and decisive action—will get easier.
Do you love a Libra?
Do you ever get the feeling that your Libra is just a little bit. . . vain? Does your Libra secretly like holding all the cards by being “the cute one” in the relationship? Is the idea of making a decision on his own excruciating for your Libra? What will happen when your Libra ages beyond the cute years? Has she gotten lazy, accustomed to getting by on charm? How does your Libra know what’s really fair? These things may be a minor annoyance for you, but for your Libra, they are a real problem and if you can help with them, you will prove invaluable to your Libra. Begin by respecting your Libra’s mind, rather than getting distracted by his/her smoke-and-mirrors charm and beauty.
If you have Venus or Juno in Libra in your chart, the chances of you dating Librans is very high. How to handle the Libra you love. . .
- Appreciate the effort she puts into bringing beauty into your life—then tell her that you love her for her inner beauty, not her outer beauty
- Encourage him to quit being such a “Mr. Nice Guy”
- Remind her to stand up for herself and to check her emotions for a decisive answer, rather than arguing both sides until total lack of clarity ensues
- Encourage him to practice making decisions without asking your opinion first, and also without overthinking them
- When he plays Devil’s Advocate, consider that perhaps he is just presenting a counterpoint for the sake of balance and not because he believes it. Ask him what he actually thinks and feels about it.
- Libra’s polished and rational ways can lead to superficiality. Although it’s distasteful, being a little less civilized (for once!) and a bit more raw might be a good antidote.
How to find out more:
In this article there’s only room to hint at the deeper understanding of Libra that astrology has to offer. To find out more about being a Libra in Love or loving a Libra, get this teleconference call recording:
In it, you’ll discover:
- Why your Libra can be fiercely argumentative, but also delightfully sweet–and why tough decisions are like kryptonite for Librans
- What your Libra needs in order to sink into committed relationship with you
- Signs Libra is most compatible with, and why
- And if you are a Libra, you’ll learn the benefits you bring to every relationship you’re in and the relationship-killers you absolutely must avoid
Libra In Love is an MP3 recording lasting approximately 45 minutes, costing $9.97.
Not sure where Venus and Juno are in your chart?
Use the easy, clear instructions on this page to find out your Venus and Juno signs:
How To Use Astro.com To Cast Your Free Astrology Chart.