Human relationships are complex, layered things. Every sign responds to love differently and has needs that are particular to it. Also no individual can be categorized by their Sun sign alone. Every person is a mixed bag of astrological traits, but an emphasis on Capricorn in your chart (or its ruling planet, Saturn) will result in distinctly Cap experience. In particular, if you have the Sun or Moon in Cap OR if you have Venus or Juno in Cap, this article is just for you. (Not sure where Venus and Juno are in your chart? Use the easy, clear instructions on this page to find out your Venus and Juno signs: How To Use Astro.com To Cast Your Free Astrology Chart.)
Are you a Capricorn in love?
Great. You got over the hump. But the next question is, does the object of your affections know you care? The reason I ask is, being vulnerable is almost as hard for Capricorn as it is for Scorpio, but for different reasons. Scorps go around feeling hyper-vulnerable all the time, and compensate by being grouchy with the ones they love the most. Capricorns just plain get calcified from the sheer emotional pain of life. You see the difference? After that first flush of adolescent love—and the attendant rejection—it becomes harder and harder for Capricorn to open up again. By the time true adulthood is attained, there are usually some walls around the heart for a Capricorn to dismantle. But doing so is worth it, Capricorn, because the world wants to love you. Yes, let me say it again: the world wants to love you.
How to manage your relationships as a Capricorn. . .
Who has broken into your inner sanctum? Who has braved your dragons and your briar hedge, O My Prickly One? Give that person a medal because they have seen the real you and persisted. Now that they’re in, don’t make them work so hard next time. If you thought opening yourself up to love was hard, wait till you try practicing that emotional openness over time. Again I say: It’s completely worth it. The feeling of being loved and lovable is so blissful, it’s fills in all the little corners of your soul and reminds you why you work so hard, why you do all the wonderful things you do. Without that feeling, life doesn’t mean as much and ambition seems empty. And with that feeling, life has vibrancy, excitement and you are buoyed up with purpose because supporting those you love is what you were made for. No kidding.
Do you love a Capricorn?
Then prepare to spend your time softening up what is essentially a crotchety, curmudgeonly creature. Not that your Cap wants to be that way—not by a long shot. It’s just that suspicion, criticism and judgment are Cap’s first reaction to love. Don’t take this personally, because it’s not about you. Also don’t be surprised if it creeps in slowly over time because a habit like this is hard to break. Here’s the key thing that will surprise you and help you manage your Capricorn with finesse: treat him as if he’s much more sensitive than he looks or acts. In addition to that, your Capricorn feels most loved when his burden is eased. Promises mean nothing; actions mean everything. Jumping cheerfully into the trenches with your Capricorn can bring a tremendous relaxation of spirit.
If you have Venus or Juno in Cap in your chart, the chances of you dating Capricorns is very high. How to handle the Capricorn you love. . .
- Does my description of Capricorn above sound like Scrooge? Well, wouldn’t you be grumpy if your birthday was so near Christmas that you never got the attention that others seem to get for their birthdays in other seasons? Pay special attention to his birthday but stop short of embarrassing him.
- When your Capricorn criticizes others who are not present, take a step back and ask yourself if she’s pushing human warmth away. Remind her that no one is perfect and help her learn how to manage her sensitivity to other people’s flaws.
- Assume your Capricorn is driving himself way too hard. Encourage relaxation and watch for that look of longing. Your Cap has forgotten how to relax. Show him gently and without shock to his hard-working system.
- Work as hard as she does. Or free her up to be the family provider—but only if she really wants that and not if she’s doing it because she secretly thinks you’re incompetent.
- When the tough façade cracks, be gentle. Be very gentle. Go on being gentle, loyal, steadfast and kind with him for years and years at a time. No emotional wall can bear that.
- Praise and respect what she does, but love who she is. Unconditional love combined with conditional praise is great learning for the little Capricorns and great medicine for the adults.
How to find out more:
In this article there’s only room to hint at the deeper understanding of Capricorn that astrology has to offer. To find out more about being a Capricorn in Love or loving a Capricorn, get this teleconference call recording:
In it, you’ll discover:
- Why your Capricorn is so resistant to love—even though it’s obvious to you s/he craves it
- What your Capricorn needs in order to sink into committed relationship with you
- Signs Capricorn is most compatible with, and why
- And if you are a Capricorn, you’ll learn the benefits you bring to every relationship you’re in and the relationship-killers you absolutely must avoid
Capricorn In Love is an MP3 recording lasting approximately 45 minutes, costing $9.97.
To get the recording, Click Here for a fast and easy MP3 download.
You’ll love it!
Not sure where Venus and Juno are in your chart?
Use the easy, clear instructions on this page to find out your Venus and Juno signs:
How To Use Astro.com To Cast Your Free Astrology Chart.