Human relationships are complex, layered things. Every sign responds to love differently and has needs that are particular to it. Also no individual can be categorized by their Sun sign alone. Every person is a mixed bag of astrological traits, but an emphasis on Cancer in your chart (or the Moon, its ruling planet) will result in distinctly Cancerian experience. In particular, if you have the Sun or Moon in Cancer OR if you have Venus or Juno in Cancer, this article is just for you. (Not sure where Venus and Juno are in your chart? Use the easy, clear instructions on this page to find out your Venus and Juno signs: How To Use Astro.com To Cast Your Free Astrology Chart.)
Are you a Cancer in love?
Then you are loyal and tenacious. You probably don’t expect as much back as you give and you come into love with your heart all the way open. That’s why you’ve gotten hurt so many times. But don’t let it harden your shell, because love is a reason to be alive and each time you feel “that lovin’ feeling” stealing over you again, you’re reminded that loving is more pleasurable than being loved. . . and so you fall. Cancers are better at marrying than dating. Dating involves being shiny, which is not Cancer’s strong suit. Cancer is much better at the “in sickness and in health” part. And that’s a real gift.
How to manage your relationships as a Cancer. . .
You are a giver, but beware your tendency to place yourself in the background and then complain about not being noticed or appreciated—whining will not get you the emotional merging you desire. Being open to love will, and you excel at that. Do you think the world doesn’t understand you? You’re right. You swim in emotional subtleties that go unseen and unremarked by most people. Pay attention to how you feel and what motivates you. Clear your emotional pipes often—keep your waters flowing, allow no stagnation. And don’t do anything you don’t want to do, even for those you love.
Do you love a Cancer?
Then I envy you. You’ve discovered one of love’s hidden assets—unconditional love that doesn’t demand. Or mostly doesn’t demand. Your beloved Cancerian does have a tendency to extract attention from you without directly asking for it. And if you go on not noticing your local Cancer for a long time, woe betide you—punishment will rain down on your head. But the blessings are just as great, because no other sign is as good at sticking with you through the hard times—in fact, hard times seem to make your Cancerian even more attached and supportive. And isn’t that how it should be?
If you have Venus or Juno in Cancer in your chart, the chances of you dating Cancerians is very high. How to handle the Cancer you love. . .
- Let her take care of you, because she enjoys doing it, but not too much, or she will extract a fee later, and you won’t know what till it happens. Cancer is not vicious, but can come to feel put-upon and unwilling to recognize that they did it to themselves.
- Tell him how much you appreciate that he shares his feelings with you. Tell him often and without him having to fish for it.
- When she complains and acts helpless, remind her that she’s powerful and then kick her butt in the right direction (not before).
- Recognize that your Cancerian is an emotional being who grew up in a not-emotionally intelligent world that invalidates everything essential and true about him. Have compassion for this.
- Give more to your Cancer partner than you expect to receive, and without asking for anything in particular in return. You will find your home life improves radically in many ways you could never have expected.
- If your Cancer wife wants to be a stay-at-home mom and you can provide for her to do that, do so. Then turn your home over to her and respect her often for all she accomplishes there. Think of her as a self-employed entrepreneur whose product is a few expertly-raised human beings and count yourself lucky.
How to find out more:
In this article there’s only room to hint at the deeper understanding of Cancer that astrology has to offer. To find out more about being a Cancer in Love or loving a Cancer, get this teleconference call recording:
In it, you’ll discover:
- Why your Cancer can be prone to codependence—and how to support his independence without loss of yummy merging
- What your Cancer needs in order to sink into committed relationship with you
- Signs Cancer is most compatible with, and why
- And if you are a Cancer, you’ll learn the benefits you bring to every relationship you’re in and the relationship-killers you absolutely must avoid
Cancer In Love is an MP3 recording lasting approximately 45 minutes and costing $9.97. To get the recording, email me at Pandora@pandoraastrology.com for a fast and easy MP3 download. You’ll love it!