No one is more effective than a Taurus sign type, once they get going. No other sign’s promise is worth their weight in gold. How do they do it? And how can you do it too?
- Follow through. Finish. Complete. Sounds simple? It is. But arduous. Just do it . . . until it’s done. No matter what happens (distractions, crying babies, fire, flood, storm, etc.). Be the last one standing, because the last one standing writes the history books.
- Never waste your effort. Pace yourself and use every scrap of energy for a purpose. This way you can more quickly go back to being lazy (a Taurus’ chief occupation).
- Set a high bar. Have values—and use them. Every Taurus type knows that they are offering a lot, so they expect a lot too. It’s only fair.
- Feed yourself first. Build a solid base for yourself and make sure you have what you need and a little more. Is this selfish? I don’t think so. It makes you more solid for those in your life who depend upon you. As the flight attendants say, “Put on your own oxygen mask before assisting others.”
- Be methodical. Set up a method for what you are doing, then stick to that method. Hone and refine it until it shines. Use it over and over and over and over and over. People will think of you as consistent, and that is your greatest asset. They will also come to underestimate you and take you for granted. They will decide you don’t have much imagination (not true!), which allows you to over-deliver and surprise them. Can you say “fait accompli?”
- Pay attention to your gut. Your bodily intuition is a great gift and it will tell you much if you listen. You’re a human animal and your animal instincts are feeding you information all the time. Does one person ruffle your feathers, while another smoothes them out? When your hackles are raised, shouldn’t you pay attention instead of telling yourself it means nothing?
- Touch people. A warm handshake, firm hug, or a solid back-pat establishes rapport and gives you contact. People need that. It gives them confidence in you and puts them at ease. It also gives your intuition something to work with.
- Bonus Habit: Eat for mobility. Don’t let your dinner weigh you down. If the food you eat puts you in a torpor, it’s preventing you from having access to your animal self and your bodily intuition. It may be delicious, but if it puts you off your game, is it worth it? Not to mention the long-term health consequences of habitually eating badly, consequences which may be hidden until suddenly you’re down for the count. Can you say “fait accompli?”
Watch for at least one more Taurus post in May. . .
Birthday Gift for you:
If your birthday is approaching or recent
and you want an empowering look at the year ahead, click to
schedule a Birthday Reading and receive a free gift with it.